Sunday, September 12, 2010

Night Painting, part 1

Wendy (who runs the doggie daycare) is also a talented photographer http://pawsontherunphotography.blogspot.com/. She noticed that there was a workshop last night on light painting, where you illuminate something with flashlights at night to create an unusual image http://www.thecamerastore.com/articles/2010/08/31/simple-light-painting-techniques-samantha-chrysanthou-and-darwin-wiggett. We decided to go, although we had no idea what we were doing. We had hoped for some instruction, but that wasn't the point of the night, so we just winged it instead!

I think Wendy did a better job than I did. My pictures were overexposed. Nonetheless, we had fun, and I certainly learned something.

These pictures do not use the light painting technique. They are just shots from around the Prairie Tractor and Engine Club in Picture Butte, where the session was being held. The next post will be all about the technique.












































2 comments:

  1. These are great! I like the way you say I got better picture without even seeing them!!! LOL. That little girl was just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ran out of storage space so I can't add more pictures! I had to buy extra storage. Check back tomorrow night and hopefully the other ones will be up.

    ReplyDelete