Thursday, September 02, 2010

Banff

We stayed in Banff overnight. We had a great meal at the Elk & Oarsman. They have an entirely gluten free menu, and you can order any of the pizzas and sandwiches gluten free as well. Needless to say, I was quite excited by this! I had a pizza, and it was so good. I think we all really enjoyed our meal there.

In the morning we went for breakfast at The Meatball. It looked like it had something for everyone. Pauline ordered the fruit plate. Well, that was pretty spectacular. They carve a melon into the shape of 2 swans, then fill it with fruit and serve it with banana bread. I didn't have my camera with me, so I had to take pictures with my cell phone. They aren't great, but hopefully you get the idea.

From Banff we stopped briefly in Canmore, then took the Kananaskis Highway home. Wow, that's a beautiful drive. We saw lots of animals on that road, goats and sheep.



Here are the pictures of the fabulous swan fruit plate!






























No comments:

Post a Comment