Sunday, December 27, 2009

Baking

I had all but stopped baking since my diagnosis. Nothing worked out, or it tasted bad. I also got impatient with all the flours that have to go into one item. However, Fine Cooking came out with a recipe I just had to try. I first had to mix up GF all purpose flour. That didn't go so well, and I had a flour explosion in the kitchen. It was everywhere, and anyone who has had experience with GF flours knows how fine they are, and just how far that stuff can travel!

Once I cleaned up the mess, I tried the Hot Chocolate Cake recipe, just substituting my flour for the regular stuff. Fortunately, it turned out pretty well. I made the cake twice, and the second time was even better. There's nothing like homemade marshmallows as well. Those will make you stop eating store bought ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment