Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Sleep

I can't sleep. I've never been a great sleeper, but usually could get a few straight hours each night. I'm a light sleeper so I hear everything, especially the dog. Since the surgery I struggle to get to sleep, then struggle to stay asleep. I have a hard time getting comfortable initially, and then for some reason just can't stay asleep. I woke up at 3:30am as I always seem to since being in the hospital. I thought if I waited it out I could get back to sleep but no luck. Then it just gets frustrating, so I got up. I'd rather nap in a bit than toss & turn.

As I left the bedroom I noticed that the little dog was crowding John completely. He can't stand being touched so as she takes up more space he squishes himself into the smaller space to avoid her. Hopefully she'll stretch out on my side now that I'm gone and give him more room. Normally I'd move her when I see her doing that, but I can't right now. Poor John.

No comments:

Post a Comment