Sunday, October 28, 2007

Recovery Update

Things continue to heal. Unfortunately I had a concussion from the accident, and now am having post-concussion syndrome symptoms. I have no short term memory, a constant headache, fatigue issues, and more. I am able to exercise, although I can't ride my bike outside. The doctor is concerned that I might fall again.

I rode the stationary bike at the gym for 45 minutes today, and now the back of my leg is really sore. I think it's going to be a while before my muscles heal fully. I must have done some serious damage to them in the fall. I start working with my trainer again on Tuesday, so hopefully that will help. Therapy is really helping a lot too.

So overall, after 5 weeks, things aren't too bad. I still can't stand anything touching my knee, and might not be able to until after it heals more, so I have to wear boots a lot to keep my legs warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment