The jean skirt took longer than I anticipated. The beading on the bird took an especially long time. After taking the pictures I realized that I should have pressed it first. Oh well.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
I've been doing a lot of embroidery over the summer. It's portable, so I took it with me to Toronto, and I can do it on the front porch when we sit out there with Pupski. With the pink one I tried a new technique. I appliqued the flowers and leaves. I hand sewed the stems on, after making some bias strips. Then I beaded the centres. I'm happy with how it turned out. I had a vision in my head, and it looks quite close to that. I made a cute top to go with it as well, but it wouldn't look like much in a picture.