Wednesday, June 27, 2012

New Gardens

Last year we had a veggie box built in the backyard, but it was too late to plant anything. This year while John was away I filled it with dirt, and planted regular peas, snap peas, tomatoes, carrots, beets, and leeks. Our neighbours just gave us some chives to plant as well. I don't know how things will grow, but it is nice to have some green in the yard again, after losing the tree.



I also added a new garden near the house. We needed some plants there. It was too barren. It is very shady and wet though, so I am hoping the plants I chose will be OK there.



I dug out all the weeds from under the window well on the side of the house by the garage. Then I put down some edging, a whole lot of landscaping fabric, and some stones. I hated all the bugs and weeds, and wanted it to look nicer. I think it's an improvement. I should have taken befores & afters, I guess.



I'm also planning to put a patio in that area, and put in some patio stones so that I can have planters around the area for some colour and interest. I don't know if I'll get to that this summer or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment