Monday, March 15, 2010

Max (formerly Hershey!)

One of our first fosters was Hershey (see Sept & Oct 2008 postings for baby pictures). He was a tiny little guy, who was very smart and very pesky! He was also very tough. We loved him a lot (especially John), and cried like babies when we had to give him up. Fortunately, he went to an awesome family, and we keep in touch. His Mom sends me regularly emails and pictures, keeping me up to date on how he is doing. Because he is so smart, they changed his name to Maxwell Smart, Max for short.

Max & his Mom were in town this weekend, visiting her sons who live here while going to school. I was invited over to visit. It was great to see him again. I would like to think he remembered me on some level, and it seemed like he did. Of course it's hard to say for sure. John would like to meet him again as well, but is afraid he would cry!

Here are some pictures of our reunion. Max's brother took the pictures. I particularly like the one of him looking up at me. What a good dog!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:32 a.m.

    As Max's "Mom" without a doubt I believe Hershey/Riblet remembers you as his look of adoration on your last picture proves. If still doubtful, the fact he bolting from the house for one last snuggle from you was further evidence...not something he'd otherwise do. Would love for John to meet him too and any tears can be ones of joy; proof again that foster homes work. You folks are the best!!! =0)

    ReplyDelete