Monday, September 24, 2007

Road Rash, Day 3

I had to go to the doctor again today. I just couldn't manage the pain. I have some drugs now, so hopefully that will help. I can't put much (any) pressure on my left leg at all, so I am using a cane to get around. By get around I mean to the washroom, because that's about as far as I can go. I have to try having a Jacuzzi bath tonight, because I need to debride the wounds. I am not looking forward to that, as it's bound to be excruciating. If you hear someone screaming, it's just me.

The doctor felt that my wounds were some of the worst he's seen, and he's a long time cyclist. He also works as a doctor at triathlons. He was very impressed by the damage I caused myself. He also felt that riding a recumbent may have saved my life. Had I been on a road bike I might not have survived. Thank God I ride a 'bent.

That's about it for now. Here are some more pictures of the progress of the injuries. Apparently as they heal they will become tremendously itchy. Something for me to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment