Saturday, December 11, 2010

Too sick to work

Ugh, I have another sinus infection, plus a throat infection this time. It's the 3rd time this semester that I've gotten sick, and I'm not very happy about it. I think it's an indication that I need to start exercising again, and losing weight to improve my immune system. Hopefully once I'm over this I can start again.

In the meantime, because I'm too tired to do much else, I've been making jewellry. At least I can sit on the couch and not expend any real effort doing this.

Mom had chosen the colourful pendant ages ago and I haven't had time to make anything with it until now.


When I was in the bead store a couple of weeks ago I found two gorgeous glass elephants. I bought one for me, which I haven't done anything with yet, and one for Mom. I think she'll like him, he has a lot of personality. I made her a fairly simple necklace so that he takes centre stage.



Ages ago I bought some lava rock, which I like because of the texture. I made a necklace when I first bought it, but didn't like it when it was done. I took it apart today and started from scratch. I threw in some cloissone for colour. I think this one is better.


1 comment:

  1. Those are all gorgeous. I love the lava rock one and that pendant of your mom's is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete