Saturday, May 09, 2009

Catching Up

I am trying to catch up on postings. It was an very busy semester. Going back to school at 40 is pretty tough. You need a level of energy that I don't have at the moment. The first 2/3 of the semester went very well, but the last 1/3, not so much. 

I've also been diagnosed with celiac disease. So I am now going gluten free. I've been on the diet for 6 weeks now, and although my stomach is way better, my energy level isn't. It took a year to get the diagnosis, and I kept going to the doctor complaining about extreme fatigue. I went from exercising almost constantly to not being able to get out of bed. I had a hard time just lifting my arms. I'm told that after a few months on the gluten free diet I should be back to normal, but in the meantime, it's so frustrating. I gained so much weight, and lost almost all of the fitness level I had until last March. It'll take me a long time to get back into shape, but I'll do my best to get there.

John, however, has taken up exercising in my absence! He is doing his first triathlon tomorrow, so I will let you know how that goes. If I can, I'll get pictures of him crossing the finish line. I'm volunteering at the race since I can't run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment